Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Just Writing

I'm home writing Alyth and looking out the window upon a very dismal day. I miss Moab. It's usually sunny and dismal free, even if it is cold. The camera at Red Cliffs Lodge is showing gorgeous red rock just begging to be hiked or ridden all over, and they sky is sooo blue. The sun is just setting, bringing to life that deep red color. I love it. Okay, this isn't what I really wanted to talk about. So, back on topic. I'm well over half way done, in fact I only have about a third left of Alyth to finish. What I find interesting, is that I've written two thirds of the story, but I'm at a point where I though it would only take a few chapters to get to. I'm on Chapter 19 if you counting...assuming the chapters stay intact at their current breaks. So does that mean that I'm not really two thirds done? Is it going to be longer than Marysvale? I was thinking it was going to be a few thousand words shorter, but now I'm not sure. And last time I added in all the change requests to the Marysvale manuscript, I added nearly 10,000 words! In case you're wondering, the average length of a novel is roughly between 80,000-120,000 words. This is generally speaking. It varies depending on who you are and what category you write in. Marysvale clocked in at 101K words after editing.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Jared,
So I know we haven't seen each other in years, but I'm still really excited for you and I hope things are going well with your book. When Sue told me about it, I took it upon myself to become your publicist. :) I've contacted two of my email groups and also my library here in Canada.
Hope to see you around.

Lord of the Geeks said...

Thanks Kelly, I appreciate it. I need all the help I can get! Now if only you could finish my second book for me...

Which query is the best?