Tuesday, November 23, 2010

How many books?

So, how many books are going to be in the Marysvale series? Well, I don’t know exactly. When the concept of Marysvale came to me, I always thought that I would just write the story. If it took one book, then that would be it, if it took four, then it would be four books. I’ve always had it in my mind that I wouldn’t try to drag things out in the interest of just creating another book to sell. I also wanted to make sure that things clip along and that the books don’t get muddled down in boring things that don’t advance the plot. At least that’s my goal and I think I kept true to those goals in Marysvale. I was concerned about the parts when John was in the forest both on his way to Sarah’s, and to Marysvale. I didn’t want it to feel like the never ending journey. So far, Marysvale feels like it’s going to take three books to tell the story. Why yes, I do know how it ends, and the major plot points in between. And no, I won’t tell you.

1 comment:

Mandee said...

Keep it going! I love Maysvale and I'll keep reading each and every book you write! I really think you could keep this story going and I hope you do!

Which query is the best?