Sunday, December 12, 2010

Just thinking.

Just digging through some old files and I came across another book that I'd started after I'd finished Marysvale. When B'lue, and a few others found out that I'd stopped writing Alyth in favor of something else, I had a mini riot on my hands. In my defense, I didn't think anything would happen with Marysvale. I didn't even know if Marysvale was good. I believed it was, but I didn't know for sure. I mean, everyone thinks their kids, and books, are the cutest. Anyway, It got me thinking, which I know can be dangerous, but I'm not ready to give up on it just yet. I enjoy it, especially without distractions, and especially in Moab in the winter. I know what your thinking. "Does everything break down to Moab?" Why yes, yes it does. Although, I'd accept a few other southern Utah destinations in place of Moab, but I digress. So, what was I thinking about? Well, I'm not sure what to make of this whole writing experience. It definitely is a stretch outside my comfort zone, which is good. I suppose it's like anything when you're trying something new, it has its ups and downs. I don't know where this writing thing will take me. I've committed to finishing up the Marysvale series, but after that I'm not sure what I'll do. There are days where I long for the simplicity of the way things use to be, meaning I actually have free time, but I also love creating, getting positive feedback, and meeting people who enjoy the story. I think I'll continue writing, at least for fun, perhaps I'll share them when I'm done. I have three more stories building in my head and I have to keep shoving them out of the way so I can finish Alyth. Quite frankly, I'm okay with whatever God has in mind for me...or at least that's the way I feel today.

No comments:

Which query is the best?